etHIN’s Image Gateway is a fast, easy way to share and acquire information about medical imaging studies such as X-rays, CT Scans, MRIs, and other DICOM images across organizations and systems.
When images are electronically submitted to etHIN using the Image Gateway, etHIN participants are able to view and manipulate diagnostic-quality images using etHIN’s clinical viewer, without needing to request a copy of the images from the image provider.
X-rays taken at an emergency department can be instantly available to a specialist or trauma center for follow-up care through Image Gateway. These images are available even before a radiologist has issued a report and can make treatment faster and may help save lives.
Reducing the time spent creating CDs and transporting results between imaging centers and providers allows image providers to deliver better service at lower costs. Results may be reported more quickly through Image Gateway, and receiving results sooner is likely to increase satisfaction for both patients and healthcare providers.
Lower cost, more efficient way to exchange images to support more effective business operations:
- Provide quick results to those who need them.
- Reduce the time and cost associated with loading burned image CDs.
- Reduce the time and cost associated with burning image CDs, couriers, faxing, and other delivery methods.
- Streamline workflows, repurposing highly paid employees to more productive tasks.
- Increase customer satisfaction.
Rather than your staff spending valuable time responding to phone calls, faxes, and email requests for copies of studies, let them focus on the things that can make your office run more smoothly.