What we do - ALERTS
etHIN Alerts are electronic notiﬁcations that are sent when etHIN receives information that a provider’s or healthcare services organization’s patient has had a hospital encounter.
Why are Alerts important?
- Alerts provide real-time notiﬁcations containing the customized information you need when your patient has a hospital event
- Alerts help ensure proper care coordination
- Alerts help reduce the likelihood of hospital readmissions
Multiple Alert formats are available to suit your workﬂow.
- Automatic delivery into your EHR system
- Automatic delivery to you by Direct secure email
- Daily reports sent to you by etHIN
Choose one or more of these Alerting options to support your practice or healthcare services organization:
- Emergency Department Alerts –Notiﬁcation when your patient has an emergency room registration
- Inpatient Alerts – Notiﬁcation when your patient has a hospital admission
- Discharge Alerts – Notiﬁcation when your patient is discharged from a hospital
Using etHIN Alerts creates increased awareness of patients’ care events with other providers, may improve the quality of care, assist in better care coordination, and reduce the likelihood of hospital readmissions — all ultimately lowering healthcare costs.
To ﬁnd out how etHIN Alerts can beneﬁt your practice and your patients, contact us at Info@etHIN.org or 865-691-8433.