What we do - SINGLE SIGN ON
The last thing you need when caring for patients is another system to log into. etHIN’s Single Sign On service works within your existing EHR system.
Single Sign-On (SSO) with Patient in Context (PIC) lookup seamlessly enables access to a patient’s medical record in etHIN when you open the patient’s medical record in your EHR system. User authentication happens automatically in the background, so providers are able to see the patient information in their own EHR plus cross-community information that has been submitted to etHIN by other providers who treat that patient.
SSO’s automated user authentication eliminates the need for staff to open the etHIN portal and manually enter login credentials. Patient data from etHIN is automatically displayed within your EHR when the patient record is viewed. Information from etHIN is view only, current at the time it is viewed, and is not automatically stored in your EHR.
Implementing etHIN SSO with PIC creates these benefits for providers and clinical staff:
- Up-to-date, cross-community data from etHIN available within your EHR
- Streamlines user access/reduces “clicks” by automating the login and logout process
- Improves accessibility of cross-community information available in etHIN
- Eliminates the need to log into/keep the etHIN Clinical Viewer Portal open
- Reduces the number of passwords providers and staff must remember/manage
- Adding/removing etHIN users resides within your practice/facility, reducing administrative processes
- No annual etHIN compliance training requirement
etHIN participants using SSO have reported a significant increase in the number of HIE patient records accessed by their providers and staffs. Having readily available, up-to-date clinical data from others in the community saves time and can assist you in providing the best possible care to your patients.
Contact us today at Info@etHIN.org or 865-691-8433 to discuss how SSO can bring cross-community data into your existing workflow, inside your existing EHR system.