Pam Matthews Named CEO/Executive Director at East TN Health Information Network
Pam Matthews, RN, MBA, FHIMSS, CPHIMS, has been selected by East Tennessee Health Information Network (etHIN) as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Executive Director.
“We are excited to have Pam join etHIN as CEO,” said etHIN Board President Mike Ward, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Covenant Health. “We were fortunate to find a proven industry leader to build upon the success that etHIN has accomplished. Pam’s extensive background and knowledge of health care and health information exchange will undoubtedly position etHIN for continued growth, collaboration, and next level impact for patients and health care providers in our region.”
Ms. Matthews is an accomplished information technology leader with over 30 years of experience focused on healthcare information and exchange, strategic planning, IT operations and clinical informatics. Most recently, she worked with several HIEs through her consulting firm including serving in the roles of Executive Operating Officer at Georgia Health Information Network and as Interim CEO for the Strategic Health Information Exchange Collaborative (now Civitas Networks for Health.) Previously, she served as the Vice President of Education and Business Development for the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME.) Ms. Matthews spent more than eight years at the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), where she launched and directed the Society’s initiatives for health information exchange, supported HIMSS Analytics, and convened communities at the state and regional levels.
“I am very happy to have this opportunity to lead etHIN and engage with its participants and community,” said Ms. Matthews. “It is a great honor to lead the future development and growth of etHIN with the ultimate goal of improving patient care quality, care coordination, and the overall health of the population we serve.”
Ms. Matthews has served on multiple boards and advisory councils as well as participating in federal grants. She was CIO for a nationwide health care provider, worked in a large academic center health care system, and as a health care consultant working with health systems nationwide.
Ms. Matthews is a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering and a Master’s in Business Administration. As a lifelong member of HIMSS, she achieved the HIMSS Fellow status and served as Vice Chair on the HIMSS Board of Directors, Chair of the HIMSS Foundation Board, and a member of the HIMSS Professional Certification Board. Pam is currently a member of the eHealth Exchange Board of Directors, where she serves as Vice Chair as well as a member of the Coordinating Committee.
Search News Article
- How An HIE Approaches Continuous Patient Data Quality Improvement
- Tennessee Department of Health Updates the List of Reportable Diagnosis Codes for Drug Overdose Reporting
- East Tennessee Health Information Network (etHIN) Selects 4medica to Reduce Duplicate Patient Records
- Syndromic Surveillance Reporting for Urgent Care
- Cures Act Definition of EHI Expanded to Include Additional Data
- Pam Matthews Named CEO/Executive Director at East TN Health Information Network
- Access Community Wide Data Inside your EMR Using Integrated Single Sign-On with Patient in Context Lookup
- CMS-Required Hospital Event Notifications Begin May 1, 2021
- New CMS Rule Requires Digital Contact Information in NPPES
- etHIN Responds to COVID-19